Flarin 200mg Soft Capsules
Relief from joint pain and inflammation
– Helps stop pain
– Relieves swelling
– Eases stiffness
This medicine contains ibuprofen, which belongs to a group of medicines known as non‐steroidal antiinflammatory drugs (NSAIDs).
Your capsules are used for the relief from rheumatic or muscular pain, also for the relief of pain of non serious arthritic conditions (caused by swelling, stiffness and inflammation of joints), joint pain, back pain, neuralgia (sharp pain along nerves), migraine, headache, dental pain, period pain, feverishness, cold and flu symptoms.
Do not take these capsules if you:
– are allergic to ibuprofen or any of the other ingredients of this product, aspirin or other related painkillers
– have had a worsening of asthma, allergic rash or itchy, runny nose when taking similar medicines
– have (or have had) two or more episodes of a stomach ulcer, perforation or bleeding
– ever had stomach bleeding or a perforation due to NSAIDs
– are already taking other drugs that belong to the NSAIDs group
– are taking aspirin at doses of above 75 mg daily
– are in the last 3 months of pregnancy
– suffer from severe heart, liver or kidney disease.
Please see your doctor or pharmacist before taking this medicine if you:
– are elderly, as you may be more likely to suffer from side effects
– have or have had asthma, diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, a stroke, heart, liver, kidney or bowel problems
– are allergic to any other painkiller
– suffer from systemic lupus erythematosus (a chronic rheumatic disease)
– suffer from an allergy
– suffer from inflammation of the intestines (ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease)
– are on low‐dose aspirin (up to 75 mg daily)
– are a smoker
– are in the first 6 months of pregnancy
– are 12‐18 years old and have not been drinking fluids or have lost fluids due to continuous vomiting or diarrhoea, as there is a risk of kidney damage.
If symptoms persist or worsen, consult your doctor.
Anti‐inflammatory/pain‐killer medicines like ibuprofen may be associated with a small increased risk of heart attack or stroke, particularly when used at high doses. Do not exceed the recommended dose or duration of treatment.
Pregnancy and breast‐feeding
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before taking this medicine if you are in the first 6 months of pregnancy.
DO NOT TAKE the capsules if you are in the last 3 months of pregnancy.
Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking any medicine if you are breast‐feeding.
Flarin 200 mg Soft Capsules belong to a group of medicines which may impair fertility in women. This effect is reversible on stopping the medicine. It is unlikely that Flarin 200 mg Soft Capsules used occasionally, will affect your chances of becoming pregnant, however, tell your doctor before taking this medicine if you have problems becoming pregnant.
Driving and using machines
Flarin 200 mg Soft Capsules are unlikely to cause any effect on your ability to drive or use machines.
Ingredients of Flarin 200 mg Soft Capsules.
The active ingredient is: ibuprofen 200 mg.
The other ingredients are: Hard fat, glycerol monolinoleate, macrogol 400, gelatin, sorbitol, purified water, brilliant blue (E133) and allura red (E129). Hard fat and glycerol monolinoleate are lipids. Ink ingredients: Titanium dioxide, isopropyl alcohol, propylene glycol, hypromellose.
Contains sorbitol. If you have an intolerance to some sugars, contact your doctor before taking this product.
Brilliant blue (E133) and Allura Red (E129) may cause allergic reactions.
Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
Do not use this medicine after the expiry date which is stated on the blister or carton after EXP. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
Keep the capsules in the original pack.
Do not store above 25°C.